Bhutan : The Happiest Place On Earth.

Bhutan : The Happiest Place On Earth.



 FEBRUARY 2, 2021 11:00 AM EST

What country do you think is the happiest in the world? Well, after hearing from many traveler friends that it might be this small country... I had to go see it for myself. I am personally on a mission to understand the basic parameters of joy and happiness so going on a trip like this was a dream come true...

Where should we travel to next?

Thank you to Bhutan peaceful tours.

Who are we? 

We believe that life can be as fulfilling as you wish, so long as you're willing to seek discomfort. And we write blogs  about it.

And now time to board the flight imagine a country tucked away from the rest of the world hidden in the Himalayas left to its own devices to develop an unique and incredible ways have made sense for not only its own culture but also for its entire ecosystem some people claim that this country is the happiest in the world the last shangri-la and is in fact the only country in the world to be carbon negative meaning is producing three times more oxygen than it consumes meet the country of Bhutan so what makes this place so special all the people there truly the happiest and what have they understood about the environment the rest of us haven't well after a recent trip to India for an upcoming Blog.


So I went on my second solo trip this month to visit the small country squeezed between the two most populated countries on the planet the place is phased with lots of Saronic pressure and so with an open mind and loss of questions then my 72-hour trip to the magical country of Bhutan begin the possibility of vulnerability welcome to all right it's gotta be the most beautiful airport I've ever seen in my life what and even the frickin conveyor belts or our luggage is beautiful so the thing about Bhutan is that you're not allowed to come here without an official tour guide assigned to you then they hook you up with hotels visas transportation which means that I have a guide waiting for me out here yes good to meet you man this is beautiful poon soo thank you so much.


Great Wow awesome thank you so much I'm super excited to explore and learn about how Bhutan is apparently the happiest country in the world the main goal for today is to turn LP into the first Bhutanese vlogger here you go it's your turn first what are we doing right now we're going in a Buddha statue is one of the largest sitting with a in the water it's a 210 feet Wow after exploring a few more iconic places in Bhutan I felt amazed by the scenery yet I still had so many unanswered questions why do some call this place the happiest country how does their society differ from any other place in the world and just as these questions came to mind my friend Kevin who we had met in Thailand last year heard that I was in Bhutan and had a connection to the perfect man to


answer all of this the ex prime minister of Bhutan and so funnily enough before beginning the hour-long drive over to his house to interview him I was walking over to go get him a gift and I noticed something strange I just went on a quick little walk and as I'm walking around I'm slowly starting to notice that this country has a weird obsession with penises there's a lot of different go because I've been like kind of seeing it I was like I got a penis on his house and then kind of like not really think about it and now as I've been walking around I'm noticing this is not a coincidence or a one-off situation people in Bhutan really like penises okay so I have to ask you because I want to make sure I get that story uncomfort 

what's the deal with all the penises on all the houses does anybody find it funny or is it always just seeing that it's part of the culture so we are about to go meet the ex prime minister of Bhutan and we need to bring him a gift I can't believe he's just like such a juxtaposition next to all of these really



Buddha statues and then there's just a whole bunch of I don't know if I'm confident enough to bring up penis as a gift you know I'm saying which one would you recommend to heaven that's pretty nice yeah we'll do that thank you so much alright now we get around and so after getting the gift so we drove an hour to finally sit down with the ex Prime Minister thank you so much for agreeing to do this on such a the last second notice I just want to start by asking you for somebody who doesn't know the basics of the girls happiness income in gross national happiness restless girls that's not an actual happiness is basically a development philosophy that acknowledges that economic growth is important but that economic growth must have been mindless it should also be sustainable environmentally sustainable and it also should be equally spread throughout society until recently Bhutan

was the only country in the world that's carbon neutral okay and now Suriname is also carbon neutral so the two countries but I mean did we have 195 countries in the world today and to have two countries and that to two small countries just two countries that a carbon neutral is not acceptable in Boonton we see Quester about three times more carbon dioxide than we emit as a nation traditional economists would have advised His Majesty the King to harvest the forests yet he didn't and all I can say is that he was way ahead of his times so some people say Bhutan is one of the happiest countries in the world you feel like that's just like a something Outsiders say but Bhutan would you agree with that statement yes and no yes or no yes it's something that Outsiders say because they've heard about the development philosophy of gross national happiness and there's a misunderstanding people

have just concluded that this must be the happiest country life okay and yes you may have been interested we admire a lot and we smile we smile from the depths of our soul you know who's to say that we are the happiest people there are many kind societies and some societies may be happier yet which ought to be happy also because the conditions of happiness are available in free health care free education I mean a natural environment is the rule of law justice these are all in place what does Bhutan do that you think other countries could easily implement if there is something that we can share is the importance of leadership the world knows the importance of leadership absolutely no doubt but we have enjoyed the blessings of enlightened leaders whether it is a monasteries or whether it's a wildlife whether it is a hot dog mountains that are still unclaimed yeah all of them ultimately it's because of enlightened leadership so we are a small country tucked away in the Himalayas sandwiched between two huge Giants yet our culture is intact our spirituality is intact economy is growing gradually but sustainably and all of this because of

enlightened kings there's a lot of young people in the world that are anxious are depressed what do you think the world can learn about Putin's happiness I guess making happiness a priority firstly youth all over the world are anxious what needs you die anxious the I am anxious but what makes it worse is because we are so connected now earlier you are isolated in your own village organization came and then that now like you're not near cocoon now too much information too much emotions we're trying to create a platform form

people to be able to connect because I think connection is a big reason because we think we're connected because we're on our phone yeah but we're not actually having the real connection in real life yeah our goal soon is to build an app that can allow people to just go out and connect and find activities to do together right yeah thank you so much for taking the time I really appreciate it I think the world will learn a lot from your wisdom and I'm so grateful to have had time in Bhutan I'm so grateful that your

wisdom Thomas thank you very much thank you and a big hi from Bhutan to all your followers there you go good so anyway thanks you got a picture yeah thank you very much of course man he was such a kind and wise and generous human being I'm blown away all the way up there we're hiking straight up like I'm a mountain pretty much yes okay we are beginning the hike to Tiger's Nest which is apparently one of the most holy places in all of Bhutan but also apparently in all of Buddhism the second Buddha was the one that

popularized and spread Buddhism all over Asia spent three years three months and three days meditating in the cave that's built right next to the temple I'm out of breath through barely started we're super high up in elevation and we're about to go even higher is that it Wow we're climbing one two thousand one hundred meter Wow hi buddy where's this guy coming from someone lost a horse sir oh there is that's pretty funny horse was trying to do the hike on its own today we're about to peek over the hill we're gonna get a solid first glance apparently in Buddhism culture when you go hiking you wash away your sins good

for the house good for the body good for the soul ah we're getting so close look at this thing there's just something in the air it's like very hard to describe but all of a sudden my heart just dropped you oh my god this place is magical for the last little stretch you cannot bring any technology with us you know a lot to film inside they consider them very holy

places and they want to preserve them you have to put on pants seams to put on a shirt to cover your arms I'm so excited to go see what this place we just got out of Tiger's Nest and I just had one of the most intense spiritual moments I've ever experienced the moment we're closed my eyes and my grandpa passed away around this time of the year about four years ago I just had a moment where I felt like he was here and I felt like would have loved experiencing this moment with me

somewhere on here he did there's something about this place that just recently so uncontrollably emotional it felt like the sound was muffled Romney I was just so in awe and

taken by the scenery and the beauty of this place extremely grateful right now experience this moment after spending three days in Bhutan I was blown away by what I'd learned but I also think it's safe to say that I only scratched the surface of understanding how this country truly operates there's a surprising combination of cultural political and ecological factors that allows Bhutan to exist the way it does our people there Julie the happiest well I'm not sure but what has given them that reputation in the past is this dedication to value the populations and the environments overall well-being over blindly chasing financial gain and

that's the main learning lesson that I took away from this trip that Bhutan's harmonious strategy between business and nature and unwillingness to compromise the health of its environment is what's allowed them to flourish the way they have and so as we think of our nature moving forward maybe we should all keep a little bit of Bhutan in our hearts we'll see you next week I just want to end this video by giving a shout out to our friends and

beautiful destinations who provided us with some of the drone footage and b-roll for this video click on the video right here to check out what they made a Bhutan it's absolutely incredible and a hundred percent worth watching

Copyright Disclaimer :-

Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, commenting, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use. We do not own the clips and music we use in most cases. Our understanding is that it is in correlation to Fair Right Use, however given that it is open to interpretation, if any owners of the content clips would like us to remove the video, we have no problem with that and will do so as fast as possible. Please message us on YouTube if you have any concerns.


Comments

  1. Nice Blog Bro continue like this and write many as πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Old Saint And Three Questions Problem Code: THREEQ

Airline Restrictions Solution September Challenge 2021 (Rated for Div 3)

Minimize Digit Sum Solution | Codechef September long challenge 2021

10 things you need to know about SpaceX

THE TOP 10 YOUTUBERS IN 2020

THE TOP 10 PAID BLOGGERS IN 2020

Maximise the Subsequence Sum Problem Code: SIGNFLIP Codechef Solution

2-D Point Meeting Solution | Codechef September long challenge 2021

Travel Pass | Codechef September long challenge 2021 | Travel Pass Solution